Vladimir Babunts was born in Baku (Azerbaijan) in 1959. Later he moves to St. Petersburg where continues to live and work.
Participant of group and personal exhibitions. Works are in numerous private collections.
Vladimir Babunts had been exposing the works within joint projects of the art group "New Romantics". The artists entering it in different years were united by refusal from strict realism and commitment to allegories, symbolism, theatricality and mythologism. Babunts lives reclusive creative lifestyle , you'll never notice him cheerfully talking at a noisy opening day, he devotes all the time to work, and his paintings are instantlly moving from under the brush to the private collections of true connoiseurs.
- Nevsky-20 Gallery, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1999
- Palitra Gallery, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2000
- Guild of Masters Gallery, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1999, 2000, 2002–2005
- Tatiana Nikitina's Art Holding Gallery, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 2012, 2016
- Red Dot | Spectrum, Art Basel, Miami, USA, 2018